Sunday, November 21, 2010

It SNOWED!!!!

This morning around 7:00 Sarah and I heard a loud, "It SNOWED!!!!" and then pounding of two, then multiple feet upstairs quickly running to get their snow gear on. Let's just saw we were excited to see the white stuff again...we have been anxiously awaiting it's arrival:) It's enough to make you smile:) (and then having to get out of the nice warm bed and try and keep up with all the energy...no easy task for a 40 year old:)





Yesterday was Maddie's special day and in hopes of funnelling some of her antipication for snow, Sarah thought it would be a fun idea to have her help me put up the Christmas lights (yes I'm a little embarrassed to admit that we were even considering putting up Christmas lights before Thanksgiving). Looking back though, I am glad little Maddie and I preserved beacause now there is snow and even colder temperature to deal with. We put up some really cool LED lights this year and tried some red rope lights around our columns...it turned out really well except for the fact that the last light rope I set up had a section that didn't work in it (of course!) Of course this opened a can of worms that I hoped I never had to deal with...the kids wanted to put up more and more Christmas decorations (I think Sarah was loving it:) Let's just say we are a little more ready for Christmas this year (my excuse is that we will be out of town for Thanksgiving so we won't have time to decorate:)


Sarah and Kate went shopping Saturday morning while Maddie and I worked on the lights and then went to Jake's two basketball games. Jake SCORED!!! We were all so proud of him. Way to go Jake! He continues to improve and enjoy the game which we are grateful for. When the girls got home from shopping we finished "decorating" and then we were off to a 40th birthday for Pam Stampfil...kids and all. We went to a Chinese resteraunt which reminded me that we are most definitely a McDonald's "value menu/drive though" family. I think I took Brooke 5 or 6 times to the bathroom and our picky little eaters had difficulties with the food. It was a lot of fun though, and the Stampfil family is great to be around, our kids get along great. I think all Jake did was play DS with Drake and Hunter and Kate hung out with Sage.

As far as the rest of the week...well I'm drawing a blank. Jake continues to be on the quest for the Wall of Fame, reciting by memory an entire surrender letter of one of the Indian chiefs in Idaho history (he has an amazing memory and ability to learn things fast). His teacher really pushes the kids, having them recite it in front of the class (which is good for Jake). It is amazing how dangling the right carrot at the right time produces results:) Little Kate has been reading a book a day and racking up some major AR points. Little Maddie was chosen with one other girl to go to the school library and check out a book, which is susposedly a big deal for a kindergartener. Brooke has latched onto the "Letter Factory" DVD and now is saying all the sounds of the alphabet...pretty amazing and pretty funny at the same time:) Sarah continues to be extremely busy with all kinds of issues and problems with Primary...it's a good thing I will never be Primary President:) Work for me has been busy but not out of control busy which has been nice, we remain very grateful that things are continuing to work out for us.

That about does it for the little Fruitland Hardys. Hope everyone had a great week. We are SO EXCITED to go to Canada!!!! We will be leaving Wednesday and returning Monday...lets just hope the roads are decent and that somehow we survive 25 hours total in the car with Brooke and her partners in crime:)

Love

Dave, Sarah, Jake, Kate, Maddie & Brooke