Halloween has come and gone...can you believe it is November now? It's going to be Christmas soon...we just have to be careful and keep the Christmas music away from Sarah (at least for the rest of the month:)
Halloween was a lot of fun this week...well at least for most of us. Sadly when you turn 12 in our family it is no more trick or treating (bummer eh!) So Jake had to hang out with us rather than go "trunk" or treating with the kids. Sadly most of his friends much have way cooler parents than us because they all were "trunk" or treating. The good thing was that there was no shortage of candy! We participated in our wards traditional "trunk" or treat activities, filled with tons of candy, a wide selection of hot soups, hot dogs, and even freshly made donuts...who wouldn't have fun with all that. The weather was nice this year, I didn't even need a jacket (Sarah had her snow suit on...just kidding:) The kids had a lot of fun. As you can tell from the photo's, Brooke was a beautiful pirate, Maddie was a cute witch, and Kate stole the show with her duct tape dress (and all its duct tape accessories). Kate and I taped over one of her old dresses and it turned out really cut...needless to say Kate was thinking she was pretty hot stuff:)
Just want to jump back a week to last weekend (I didn't get a chance to blog because we are preparing for the Temple Celebration with all the youth (only 8,000 youth and 1,800 adults)...I've been working on the logistics of transportation and getting everyone to and from where they need to be...no small undertaking.) Last weekend was one of the best weekends we have had for quite awhile. The kids had Friday and Monday off so I took Friday off from work and we headed to Boise. We started the day off going to the Boise Temple open house with the whole Stampfli family. The open house was amazing!! All week Sarah had been preparing the kids for our trip and all her work paid off (although we were a little more focused on the Stampfli's for most of the tour). We then changed into our play clothes and went to Red Robin (one of Sarah's favorite resteraunts) for lunch. Then it was a photo shoot time for the Stampflis...and we were the photographers. There is an amazing part in Boise (Alberston's park) that with all the fall leaves was totally amazing...so we took pictures for awhile (much too long for Jake and Drake)...it actually was a lot of fun. The Stamphli's had to leave for basketball so we went and watched Ice Age 4...fun little movie. It was time to head to the hotel where I was going to have a continuing education course the following day. Of course it had a swimming pool so we had a great time splashing around and having fun. It was a late night with the kids eating pizza and Sarah and I eating Baja Fresh (my favorite) at nearly 10:00 that night. I woke up the next morning and went to my course while Sarah and the kids spent a good chunk of the day shopping. They headed home in the afternoon and I caught a ride home from Dan at the end of my course that evening. What an awesome weekend it was!
As for this weekend...Friday night we spent at the Chudleighs talking business and eating food. Saturday was Jake's special day (video games), Maddie had a birthday party, and I had to finish getting the yard ready for the winter. Amazingly enough we pulled it all off and they around 4:00 we all went to the school carnival where the kids scored on all kinds of cool stuff. The booth that all the kids loved was one where you threw a dime and tried to get it to land in one of many cups/glasses/containers on a shelf. We have a plethera of cups/glass objects now. Little Brooke was probably the most excited becase she won a fish bowl, and as luck would have it, she also won a free goldfish from another booth...excited would be an understatement:) Then Sarah and I went with the Jangula's and the Stamphli's out to eat at Texas Road House (totally awesome place) and then to the temple open house again. I think it was even better the second time! The Stamphli's are such good people.
Anyway that is more than I have time to write. Hope you have a great week!
Love
Dave, Sarah, Jake, Kate, Maddie & Brooke







