Wednesday was Brooke and Maddie's first soccer practice...yes Sarah and I will be their coach. Our team has become rather large with several kids adding on at the last minute...I think we are up to 14 or 15 now. Considering we have pre-schoolers to 2nd graders this is going to be a lot of fun:)
Thursday the kids only had 1/2 day at school because it was the start of spring break!!! Let the games begin!! We celebrated Sarah's birthday and then watched Tin Tin (great show) Sarah had to leave the party early because she was going with a bunch of other crazy women to the midnight showing of Hunger Games in Boise...never a dull moment around here. Even though she just had a birthday she is definitely much younger than I...it would take a lot to get me out to a movie when I knew I was getting back home around 3:00 in the morning:)
Friday the kids had some friends over and had fun. When I got home from work Sarah and I went out with several friends to eat (mexican food) and then to Hunger Games (that would be two showings for Sarah in the same day). She didn't quite make it to the end of the movie that night though as Jake called with a Brooke emergency that required her assistance...I just rode home with another couple. The movie was quite entertaining although I still struggle with the general story line.
Saturday was the Hardy's first introduction to the wonderful world of skiing! Jake, Kate, Maddie and I got up early and headed out to Brundage ski resort near McCall (2 hours away). The kids were very excited despite my stories of breaking my leg my first day skiing:) The weather was perfect and the kids did exceptionally well their first day. They totally LOVED it. Maddie was our little jumper (doing several jumps that we made and having a great wipe out on one of them), Kate was our turner who really was a natural, and Jake was our speed demon just going straight down the hill (who needs to turn:) We spent the whole day on the bunney hill (I had purchased tickets only for that) but the kids picked things up much faster than I thought and we really should have headed out to the rest of the mountains. I had the kids take a 1 hour ski lesson at the start...maybe that was the key. Because it was such a nice day the snow began to get a little soft by the end of the day which slowed everything down but it still was a lot of fun. The good thing was the kids loved it and there were no broken legs. Sarah and Brooke stayed home and had girl time (which included cleaning the entire house:)



Well it is spring break and Sarah and the kids are all ready planning for a week full of adventure. I'm just jealous because I have to work.
Hope everyone has a great week! We love you!
Dave, Sarah, Jake, Kate, Maddie & Brooke

