
I'm afraid it is true, I am officially 40 now. I think Dad was 40 when I was a kid...how can I be that old:) Besides having a day filled with 40 year old jokes, I'm afraid this birthday really set me back a bit and made me think (it's a good thing I've all ready forgotten what I was thinking about...:) As far as birthday celebrations I was surprized at work with pizza and cake and then following Jake's football game we partied Hardy with more pizza and cake with some awesome presents from the kids. I got a cool pumpkin jar filled with candy from Kate, cute little cards from Maddie and Brooke, Iron Man II, and a fresh new supply of duck tape (all colors)...just what every 40 year old needs. Sarah and I celebrated (is it really a celebration?:) my birthday with the Stampfils by going to the Mona Lisa - a fondu resteraunt in Meridian Friday night...almost 3 hours of dinning:) I have much to be grateful for. Thanks for the phone calls/e-mails/painful reminders that I'm actually 40 now:)
We just finished conference and enjoyed hearing the messages of the apostles and our prophet. Somehow this year we must have fallen off the parenting wagon because our kids were extra energetic...me yelling at the kids so the spirit could be in our home while we watched conference didn't really work too well:) isn't that an oxymormon or something:) We'll have to do better next conference:)
It has been a good week. Jake got student of the week and is improving in his football. The girls are all doing great! The weather has been awesome! We are grateful to be a family. Thanks to some great talks (which we caught part of the message:) we have much to do though:)
Hope everyone has a great week...October is all ready here:)
Love
Dave, Sarah, Jake, Kate, Maddie & Brooke