Sunday, May 2, 2010

WOW What a Week!!!

I guess it is never a good sign when your wife casually asks you, "so do you remember why tomorrow is such a special day?" I'm sure none of you husbands are as lame as I am but after some thinking, the answer came like a freight train...yes I think we were married 13 years ago... Now to my defense...actually there is no defense, I've been sleeping outside on the trampoline ever since:)

With that out, this week has been CRAZY!!! There has been a lot of awesome stuff going on, enough that I don't have near the energy to write about...hence the pictures.

Tuesday night the much anticipated arrival of Grandpa happened. It just so happened that that day I managed to get sick and so as Grandpa arrived I went to bed (a sad but true story for the rest of the entire week:). The kids were so excited to see Grandpa and as only kids will do they pestered him for his magic tricks, any treats he may have brought, got him to read, and basically wanted his attention. I was glad too to have Grandpa here because I had a huge list of yard projects that were in need of someone who knew what they were doing (we know how to treat guest here:) Some of the projects he tackled for me was installing edging around my driveway, mowing the lawn and rototilling our garden...where would we be without Grandpa?

Friday Grandpa left and things got really busy. Kate and Maddie had their Clogging performance that night and both girls did amazing. They loved clogging and did a wonderful job.

Saturday was Tavaci for both Kate and Maddie also with a morning practice and then a 5:00 program. Again both girls performed wonderful, Kate even had a few jokes to tell during one of the transitions:)

Sunday evening was all about piano recital for Jake, Kate and Sarah, and despite their nervousness they all did wonderful:)



Let me just add that things at work have thankfully been the busiest they have EVER been with me working 12 hours/day (no lunch)...lets not forget me being sick the entire week (I'm looking for some pity somewhere:) ...it has been CRAZY...anyone know a great therapist looking for work:) I felt bad, but when I got home usually around 8:00, I went straight to bed and left Dad working out on our yard by himself. So when Sarah asked me, "so do you remember what special day is it tomorrow?" you may understand how someone as old and as feeble as I would royally mess things up:)

I do have to say though that I do have a truly amazing wife. With all the craziness at work she has totally shouldered all the family responsibilities and done so amazingly. She remains very positive, fun and full of spunk (until her husband forgot what May 2nd was:) She has many talents and abilities that make our family even better. Without her I'm afraid I would be a sorry excuse for a person. Now if my brain wasn't filled with flem and I wasn't about to fall asleep I probaby could write some thing eloquent about the woman that I love...but I'm afraid this will have to do:) It is amazing she has put up with me for 13 years isn't it:)

Hope you have a great week!

Love

Dave, Sarah, Jake, Kate, Maddie & Brooke