The weather has been awesome for most of this week. As we were out playing soccer as a family on our amazingly green lawn I'm afraid that I need to get the lawn mower out...crazy!!! This week has been a fun one filled with adventures.
Although nothing spectacular has happened to Brooke, she continues to grow and grow. Her sentences are making much more sense and she is quite the cutie. She does have her dark side though, mostly when we don't understand her or when she doesn't get her way, much like her Dad:) She loves to sing and dance.
Maddie, Kate and Jake all tried out for a local kids play, the Jungle Book. We just got the kids parts and little Maddie is going to be a butterfly. She is VERY excited! It was fun to catch her practicing what they had her do at tryouts in front of the mirror... go Maddie go:)
Kate is also bouncing off the walls with excitement. For the play she is going to be the Panther. As soon as she found out the news (the wait was excruciating)she ran upstairs and got all black on...needless to say she can't wait. Kate has been reading a book about a little girl who thinks she is a doctor, then the picture with Brooke/Maddie with broken arms and Kate's Dr kit:) For Kate's special day Saturday we made a really cool marbel maze. We took a fairly large box and then attached various tubes, troughs, spinny things, bottle tops ect to the side and then let gravity do the rest with the marbles. I guess it had a high KDI (kids dig it factor) because the kids are still playing with it:)
Jake was not near as excited as his sisters for his part in the play athough as far as we can tell it is still a go. He will be one of the vultures in the play (if I remember right they are the funniest part of the play. One of his best friends will be the other vulture. All I know is that Jake is way braver than me! Jake also had another basketball game, he continues to improve and enjoy the game. Jake and I are working on a space shuttle version of the pine wood durby...of course it has to be something complicated:)
Sarah continues to keep us all in line and finds time for excercise, fun and her calling. We are looking to sign up for a local relay race in April which should be a lot of fun.
As for work, well work continues to be busy, busy, busy...you'd think since we hired an assistant I would make it home before 7:00 at night but that is wishful thinking. We are grateful though for all the business:) I've been playing church b-ball a little (much against my better judgement) and we are in the final tournament. I've come to realize that old age is not for sissies and that 10 years makes a big difference:) It has been fun though.
Hope everyone has a great week. Love Dave, Sarah, Jake, Kate, Maddie & Brooke
Congratulations Rach & Brent!!