Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Break

Nothing like a week+ without having to go to school:) I really should have Sarah write this because I pretty much missed out on all the excitement this week as someone has to bring home the bacon (or at least the spam:)

There was many a morning this week where I left the home with everyone still nice and cozy in their beds (have you got the fact that I'm a little jealous:) Sarah and the kids had a great Spring Break at home. Every day they had something fun planned out and it turned out to be a great week!

Some of the highlights included a Spring party for a bunch (13) of Kate's and Maddie's friends, playing in the park with friends, soccer practice, friends coming over, each kid being a chef for the day, and lots more fun and adventure.

Sarah and I went out Friday night to Tucano's which is a Brazilian grill...talk about eating a lot of food:) It was a dining experience like no other...a great way to celebrate Sarah's birthday (free meal for the birthday girl:) As long as you kept a green marker turned upright on your table they would continue to bring you various barbequed meats (15 different types if I remember right) for you to eat/sample/consume. That combined with an endless salad bar and wow those pants got tight in a hurry:) It was fun, although I think our stomaches weren't quite used to the volume and we were feeling it into the next day:)

Saturday was a big day (my first day to actually enjoy Spring Break with everyone else). It was Kate's special day so we got up early and made dragons out of pipe cleaners and a bunch of other things...Kate is one creative girl. Dragons? You'll see why in a minute. Then after making 1 cut for Jake's pine wood derby car on a friend's table saw and nearly losing my fingers, we all headed off to a baptism. One of the kids in my primary class and his mother were being baptised and he had asked me to baptize him. They had a luncheon after but I need to get some paperwork done so I headed to the office to get that done so I would have a few minutes to work in the yard (much neglected recently) before we went to HOW TO TRAIN A DRAGON at the IMAX in Boise!!! Yes the kids were WAY excited (and so were Sarah and I) We got a baby sitter for Brooke (that is one dragon we wouldn't even attempt to train in an theater:) and we were off to Boise. Talk about a big screen! The movie was excellent and it was a lot of fun to be there as a family...the kids loved it!!! Definitely recommend the movie!

Anyway that about does it for us this week. The kids have tomorrow off as well (can you believe it:)

Hope you have a great week!

Love

Dave, Sarah, Jake, Kate, Maddie & Brooke