Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fruitland Fairytale

Greetings from Fruitland:)

What a week! Where to begin...let's go backwards:)

Saturday. Saturday was Jake's special day and that pretty much means some combination of Legos and Wii:) With dreams of a big payback, Jake and I started the day early by heading down to WalMart to recycle the soda cans Jacob has been collecting. Jake has his sights set on another Lego Star Wars ship and so adding to the piggy bank makes the dream a little more real. I was impressed that with the money he got back from the cans he didn't buy a smaller lego set (although he was tempted...the money does burn holes in his pockets:) We returned home to play Lego Star Wars on the Wii (imagine that:) At 10:00 Jake had his basketball game and he did awesome. Highlights of his game included another basket, blocking a shot, and dribbling down the court several times...way to go Jake!! While Sarah and Jake got their hair done, the girls and I went home and got ready for Kate to go to a friend's birthday party...a bowling party. While everyone else was busy (including Brooke sleeping) I worked on the cursed HDMI cable that I wasted an entire (not quite) Saturday on last week. This time I went and bought a snake/fish line (I still haven't found mine)and with one simple pass the HDMI cable was run...another lesson in the importance of having the right tools:) When all the hair and birthday party people returned we had about an hour before Sarah and Kate were to head off to the Stake baptism, where another one of Kate's friends was being baptised. As soon as the baptism was over it was party time as we had invited the Stamphiles over for dinner, movies, and games. It was a lot of fun. While the kids watched a movie they attempted to teach us the game of Pinuckle (selling)...it was fun.

Friday. Sarah and I had our date night by going to the temple. Thanks to the McCammons we swap babysitting every other month to make this happen.

As far as the rest of the week it was filled with all the fun stuff a typical week is filled with. We remain VERY excited for our Disney Land trip!!!! We will be leaving Friday and then returning the Sunday of the following week. We can hardly wait:)

Hope everyone has a great week!

Love

Dave, Sarah, Jake, Kate, Maddie & Brooke