Sunday, February 5, 2012

February - Did you see your shadow?

I guess it was ground hogs day this week and that the ground hog saw his/her (politically correct) shadow...6 more weeks of winter.  Considering it hasn't snowed here and the sun has been shinning with weather in the high 40's to low 50's, I think we can handle another 6 weeks:)

Excitement for this week...well unless it involves a basketball, not so much. 

Saturday was our BBall day with Maddie having her second clinic in New Plymouth(and lovin it:), Jake playing two games in Caldwell, and Kate playing two games in Weiser...a little time spent travelling:)  Jake continues to improve and although his team continues to struggle to find a W, he had a couple rebounds, a steal, and a near basket.  Kate is loving basketball and continues to be a force to be reckoned with, soreing the winning basket with a few seconds left in her first game.  It made for an exciting day with all the bball coming to a close around 3:00 in the afternoon.  It was Brooke's special day and she nearly shot out of bed at 7:00 a.m. to play the Wii (been hanging around Jake too long).  It is amazing how the other kids wake up early as well to join in all the fun:)  We had some fun at the winter olympics, mario and sonic style:).  Saturday night we had a movie party, although we tried watching Zoo Keeper (recommended by several people)...not so good of a choice...had to stop the movie early...I'm afraid I'm going to have a rough time transitioning out of the animated Disney/Pixar movies (maybe when my kids are 21 at least eh?:)

Friday is always a good day.  I had my last patient cancel and got home a little early (always a nice change:)  Sarah and I headed out to our new favorite mexican resteraunt (although you do end up smelling like a taco when your are finished:)  At 7:00 Jake's team had open gym at the middle school so we all went down and played a little b-ball (followed by some ice cream from the big M).

We have our family home evenings generally on Sunday (haven't yet been struck by lightening:)  Last week Jake gave an awesome lesson on prayer with a challenge (that he came up with on his own) to pray for something different each night.  I don't know if it was his superior teaching skills or the candy bar price but everyone did great this last week making their prayers a little more sincere.  Jake wanted to do the lesson again today, and so he gave a lesson on service (out of the Friend) and encouraged each of us to do service (building a linked chain with all the services we do).  Jake has done a really good job the last couple weeks with family home evening, being very thoughtful and creative with some great ideas.  It is fun to see your kid's minds and spirits at work:)

Work has been a little slower lately which has been nice in some ways.  I'm afraid that I might get used to having a break here and there and not wnat to go back to our crazy schedule.  We are hopefully going to use Aaron's expertise and try a new marketing method...hopefully we find success.

Well no pictures...we're going to have to work on that.

Hope everyone has a great week!  We love you!

Dave, Sarah, Jake, Kate, Maddie & Brooke