Sunday, October 9, 2011

What a Week!

Where to begin...the kids had a short week this week (I really don't know the reason why).  So there was no school Thursday and Friday...and much rejoicing.

 
Thursday I had cleared my schedule a couple weeks ago with the big plans of putting in my sprinklers...not so..it rained hard Wednesday and then was cold and rainy Thursday...of all days:)  So we had to go to plan B (not that we were really sure what plan B was).  We decided to go bowling in the late morning before Maddie had a birthday party and Jake had BBall practice.  It was a lot of fun bowling...espeically the bumper lane!  Brooke of course had to do it all by herself and so the picture of her on her stomach head in her hands was her watching her ball  s l o w l y  roll down the lane...it took awhile:)  The kids had a soccer game that evening and so we bundled up (it was really cold) for the game...Jake and Kate did awesome (Jake scored again:).  I also put together my birthday present...a new barbeque (and there was much rejoicing).  Our old one had served it's time, but it was time to go (before it took us with it to the spirit world:)  We got a really nice Weber...we have yet to hook it up to the propane stub from our house...so it's just there looking good but we haven't cooked on it yet (I smell another project coming on :)
Friday things began to dry out but still were a little too wet so we went over the the Stampflis and watched Boise State win again.  It was another fun night. 
 
Saturday.  I began early in the morning meeting one of my counselors at the church to try and figure out the sound system for our upcoming stake dance.  It was then the Best of EFY for multiple stakes (at our Stake Center).  We had breakfast for the kids afterward (pancakes/eggs) and I was out of there by 12:00...yes I has some (OK...a lot of) sprinklers to put in.  We worked fast and furious (mostly the furious part - me anyway:) and thank goodness there was a full moon because I was able to squeeze in another hour after sun down.  Sadly I did not finish (or even come close), but we did make a big dent in the project...lets just hope the weather stays good and that somehow I have time to finish the rest before the snow flies:)  The kids were great little helpers (at times:) and it was such a beautiful day...I love the fall.
We did pick our pumpkins.  We are awaiting the official count (Sarah and Broke will do that tomorrow), but we managed to get 4+ carts full of pumpkins.  We have some whoppers of pumpkins this year (I have the sore back muscles to prove it:)  We decorated the front yard with them...they are everywhere.  Always a fun fall tradition:)
 


Hopefully everyone had a great week.  We love you

 

Dave, Sarah, Jake, Kate, Maddie & Brooke