
Thursday Sarah was in a car (actually van) accident. She was turning left into a driveway to pick Brooke up from pre-school when a 16 year old girl who was late for school decided to pass her on the left going about 20-30 miles over the speed limit (speed limit on road was 20-25mph). Someone must have been looking out for her because she wasn't injured and the teenager only took out the front drivers side of the van...the kicker was the teenager didn't stop...I think there is a law about fleeing the sceen of an accident... Well don't mess with Sarah, because as soon as she figured out she was hit and that the other car wasn't stopping, Sarah took off after the kid, chasing her down to the highschool where she proptly called the police. The teenager will be charged with speeding and fleeing the scene of an accident. Sadly Sarah will also have a fine for not signaling (although she was not sure if she did or not)...all while trying to pick up Brooke from pre-school...to say Sarah was upset would be an understatement:) It was a good thing though that pre-school was running late because adding little kids and waiting parents to the mix could have really made for a bad situation if Sarah had turned half a second earlier. Crazy!

Friday Sarah and I went to the temple for our ward temple trip. Somehow we manage to cram as much in a day as physically possible, but we made it and had an enjoyable evening. We went with some friends and then went out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory making for a very late night.

Saturday was a nice day...that hasn't happened for a long time. I had rented a tractor (front end loader and rototiller) and had the company drop it off at our home Friday night (still need to get that truck:) Saturday I woke up early (26 degrees outside:) and got to work getting the backyard ready for the tractor. Calling upon all my limited experience driving a front end loader while I was crushing gravel during a summer job while at college I attempted to move dirt and shape our BMX race track in the back yard. I probably burned twice as much fuel as someone who knew what they were doing but when it was all over it actually turned out pretty good. I only almost tipped the tractor over once (including me jumping off while manning the controls:). I then rototilled the entire back yard with the goal of leveling everything in prep for planting more grass. It was a lot of work and I finished around 7:00 that night. Sarah and the kids were also hard at work mowing and cleaning the yard...pretty much a Hardy work day (much like when we were growing up:) It was a beautiful sunny day and I have the red sunburned face to prove it:)


The kids have had a couple soccer games this week and they are really enjoying the season so far. Also Jake and Kate have had ISAT testing (the test that determines how the teachers get paid or something). I know the pressure must be great on the teacher for their kids to perform but I think they take it a little too far. They have sent notes home encouraging the kids to exercise, sleep, and eat right before the test...all good things but bother Jake and Kate are so anxious for this test they could barely sleep and the morning of Jake couldn't even eat...the kids are 8 and 10 for crying out loud! This test means nothing for the kids but everything for the teachers...you'd hope that that pressure wouldn't spill over onto the kids but it apparently does.

The kids were very excited for Easter this year and the girls got up early...talk about Christmas in April:) Of course the Easter bunny came with lots of candy, church things and a pony for the girls (stuffed of course) and a lego for Jake. We are having a great day relaxing...no extra meetings.


Hope you had a great Easter!
Love
David, Sarah, Jake, Kate, Maddie & Brooke